Officers of Jamnagar(Prev.) Commissionerate busted major export fraud. IGST worth Rs. 5.5 crore prevented & goods worth Rs.28 crore seized. Officers stopped scroll of Rs. 2 crore IGST of similar export. One person arrested & is in judicial custody. Modus is to convert bogus credit chain to cash from Government Exchequer
Customs (Prev) Commissionerate, Jamnagar Jurisdiction
Consequent upon restructuring of Central Excise and Customs Department, Customs (Preventive) Commissionerate, Jamnagar came into existence w.e.f. 01.11.2002. The same has been carved out from the erstwhile Customs (Preventive) Commissionerate, Ahmedabad. It consisted of four Divisions viz.
Customs Division Jamnagar, Porbandar, Bhavnagar, Bhuj and two ports namely GPPL, Pipavav & GAPL, Mundra. As per Notification No. 37/2006 – Customs (N.T.) dated 27.03.2006 whereby the Notification No.15/2002–Customs(N.T.) dated 07.03.2002 of the CBEC, New Delhi was amended, the Port of Gujarat Adani Port Ltd., (GAPL), Mundra in the district of Kutch was transferred to Kandla Commissionerate w.e.f. 01.04.2006.
As per Notification Nos. 87/2006 – Customs (N.T.) & 89/2006-Customs (NT) dated 11.08.2006 & 18.08.2006, Notification No. 15/2002 – Customs (N.T.) dated 07.03.2002 of the CBEC, New Delhi was further amended and the whole district of Kachchh (including Customs Division, Bhuj) was transferred to Kandla Commissionerate w.e.f. 15.08.2006.
Jamnagar was founded in 1540 A.D by Jam Raval, a Jadeja Rajput leader who migrated from Kutch. Jamnagar was the capital of the prosperous princely state of Nawanagar for four centuries. Jamnagar is also known as the 'Jewel of Kathiawad'. It is a coastal town about 300 kms west of Ahmedabad and 92 kms. from Rajkot.